Confidentiality is our guarantee to you.
We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting all personal information that you share with us. When we require information to provide services that you request, or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, we guarantee that it never will be released without your permission, under any circumstances.
The Company is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information it collects and holds about you. We are required to comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act).
This statement explains how the Company collects, uses, discloses and otherwise handles personal information relating to individuals.
The Company is required to collected personal information in accordance with the Act. Where possible we will collect the personal information directly from you, or as authorised by you.
The Company may collect personal information:
- From the information supplied by you on the prescribed forms
- In conversation and communication with you or your representative
- From publicly available sources of information
- When we are required to do so by law
- From our own records of your account
The personal information you provide to us will be used by the Company to:
- Access a credit reporter’s database to assess your application for credit.
- Check trade references in order to assess your application for credit.
- Process and manage your account.
- Conduct inhouse market research in order to identify and analyse your ongoing needs.
- Provide you with access to online services and access to and information about a range of special offers, products, and services.
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems.
- Notify a credit reporter of a default.
- Forward information to a third party for the purposes of debt collection
If you do not provide this personal information, we may not be able to process your application for credit and provide the services you require.
The Company may disclose the personal information which you provide us with to external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions, but only for the purpose of providing services to you.
You have the right to access any personal information the Company holds about you, subject to the exceptions of the Privacy Act 2020. You may also request correction of the information held which is inaccurate. Access and correction requests can be made through the Privacy Officer at the Company.
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when they are being used. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website.
Unsolicited personal information is personal information we receive that we have taken no active steps to collect. If the information we receive is not required to perform one or more of our services or activities, the Company will destroy or remove anything that could identify you from the information as soon as practicable.
By providing us with your contact details, your consent to receive communications will remain current until you advise us otherwise. However you can opt out at any time through the following channels:
- Email: Accounts@Boxkraft.co.nz
- Telephone: +64 9 525 5477
- Use the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages such as emails.
Security of Personal Information
The Company will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Breaches of privacy that could result in serious harm to individuals will be reported to the Privacy Commissioner.